Job HighlightsMcFadyen Digital
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree education
McFadyen Digital is the leading advisor and implementer of online marketplace solutions. During 15 years of implementing marketplaces, we’ve built dozens of platforms that cumulatively generate billions of dollars of GMV. We’re honored to have served 10% of the Fortune 500. Over 250 global brands like ABB, AB InBev, ACCO, Albertsons, American Red Cross, American Eagle Outfitters, US Army, US Agriculture Dept, (and many more letters in the alphabet) have entrusted their digital transformations to McFadyen. We operate global offices across the US, Brazil, and India.
Learn more about us at our website: www.mcfadyen.com
Can you lead the transformation of enterprise companies into platform businesses? Will your experience and innovative digital ideas impress Fortune 500 CMOs, CDOs, CTOs & CIOs? Can you build and lead global teams of ecommerce, marketplace, martech, and related technology gurus? Are you able to balance an entrepreneurial environment with enterprise-scale clients and expectations? Can you ideate thought leadership while also being hands-on delivering results to clients? Can you collaborate with and/or lead our team spread across 3 continents and our global clients?
The Chief Digital Officer will oversee marketplace and eCommerce advisory services that complement our robust technology delivery practice. You will promote McFadyen Digital as a thought leader in marketplace solutions, platform strategies, and related digital transformations. You’ll collaborate with our business units across the United States, India, and Brazil. By providing strategic guidance to our clients you’ll also drive transformative initiatives across many different industries including B2C retail, grocery, CPG, B2B distribution, and manufacturing.
Top 5 Responsibilities
1. Build a strategy/advisory services practice. This includes hiring, managing, selling, P&L, etc.
2. Help enterprise clients “platform their business” with marketplace solutions.
3. Position McFadyen as a thought leader in marketplaces & the platform economy.
4. Manage a few strategic client accounts as a trusted advisor to executives.
5. Participate in client engagements at 30% - 50% billable utilization.
Detailed Additional Responsibilities
- Translate client business opportunities into effective digital strategies and actionable plans to make them a reality.
- Create and execute strategy practice growth plans (short-term & long-term) to achieve revenue, P&L, headcount, and other targets.
- Manage, mentor, and grow our Business Analyst (BA) practice.
- Evangelize the marketplace model and educate prospects and clients on the platform economy (what, why, how).
- Enhance relationships and offerings with our software and other partners.
- Support business development efforts such as solution ideation, sales presentations, RFP responses, vendor/partner selection, implementation plans, and staffing forecasts.
- Ensure the proper leverage of marketplace technology and best practices within clients.
- Identify how evolving technologies (Artificial Intelligence AI, analytics, IoT, data science, etc.) can add value to McFadyen or clients.
- Leverage our existing software partners (Adobe, Mirakl, commercetools, etc.) and form others when appropriate.
- Create and update thought leadership content for our white papers, sales presentations, blog, social posts, eBooks, conference presentations, and other assets.
- Collaborate with our digital marketing and user experience (UX) practices.
- Guide marketplace clients through the processes of recruiting, curating, and managing third-party sellers and designing seller T&C’s and KPIs.
- Guide clients in eCommerce category and product selection, curation, merchandising, conversion rate optimization, margin optimization, and SEO.
- Guide clients in designing scalable global architectures for multi-national deployment
- Create & execute on a strategy to develop a data-driven / analytics offering.
- Track digital trends relevant to commerce, marketing & marketplaces and drive innovation (e.g. create new digital revenue streams) at McFadyen Digital and our clients.
- Collaborate with the McFadyen CTO, CMO, Delivery, architecture review board, and other teams on driving transformation.
- Build a digital strategy roadmap that drives investment and top-line growth
- Ensures McFadyen is successful in taking its innovations to market in a timely and scalable way.
- Act as the central leader and integrator for digital strategy, serving as an intermediary between all other executives and functions in the rollout of digital initiatives.
- Build, manage, and grow a digital innovation ecosystem, tapping into competencies across and beyond the organization.
- B.A. degree in business, marketing, finance, computer science or related field. M.S. or MBA a plus.
- Mastery of the English language.
- Minimum of 20 years of experience working in ecommerce, digital marketing, and/or marketplaces preferably in a digital agency, marketplace operator, or an industry-leading professional services / advisory company.
- Experience with multiple e-commerce platforms like Adobe Magento, SAP Hybris, Salesforce Commerce Cloud (DemandWare or CloudCraze), Shopify, commercetools, BigCommerce, ElasticPath, Oracle Commerce / ATG, HCL / IBM WebSphere Commerce, etc.
- Experience with platforms like Mirakl, ChannelAdvisor, Unirgy, Marketplacer, Webkul, Izberg, ShareTribe, Arcadier, or other marketplace platforms.
- Experience working for a marketplace operator a plus: Amazon, eBay, Walmart Jet.com, Alibaba TaoBao, Tmall, JD.com, Wayfair, Best Buy, Sears, Rakuten, Wish, Houzz, Etsy, NewEgg, PoshMark, GroupOn, CraigsList, etc.
- Work experience at digital agencies or leading management consulting firms a plus: Deloitte, Accenture, BCG, BORN, Corra, CapGemini / Lyons Consulting, Publicis Sapient, DMI, Blue Acorn ICI, etc.
- Proven ability to independently envision, design, and lead marketplace implementations & operations (business aspects).
- Familiarity with the major vendors in categories like ERP, OMS, PIM, BI, CMS, etc.
- Understanding of web technologies, architectures and tools like microservices, headless, PWA, devops, etc.
- A history of proactively identifying and winning new business.
- Strong verbal and written communications, including the ability to write and present to executive audiences or at conferences.
- A track record as someone who “gets things done” and thrives on managing numerous concurrent initiatives.
- Intellect and flexibility to work in a highly dynamic environment with tight deadlines.
- Flexibility to occasionally work evening hours to support global clients or delivery teams.
- Flexibility to occasionally travel as needed (post-pandemic).
Your Core Values: Integrity, Motivation, Proactive, Team-Player
Keywords: Digital, CDO, Adobe Magento, SAP Hybris, Oracle, Mirakl, Shopify, Chie Digital Office, innovation, B2B, B2C, Salesforce Commerce Cloud, microservices, marketplace solutions.
To Apply: We value smart, creative individuals who are multi-dimensional thinkers and thrive on professional development. Superb competence and continual improvement are key goals for everyone at McFadyen Solutions. This is an exciting opportunity with tremendous growth potential for someone who is focused on excellence. Your portfolio should impress us with great skills and conceptual problem-solving. We seek people who can demonstrate both compelling form and technical accuracy. Tell us why you would be a great addition to our team.
McFadyen Solutions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under federal, state or local law, where applicable.