United States, 00
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree education & 7 years experience
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
At IBM Systems, you’ll invent things. A new way to tell a story. A smarter strategy. Better ways of working. You’ll be part of a top-performing team who has fun, learns from failures and innovates every day. (You don’t get to be 105 years old any other way.)
The IBM Systems team has first dibs on just about every cool pilot in the company. We're design thinkers who get to spend time honing new skills. We’ve changed the way IBM does marketing. Oh yeah, and we make mainframes – the Big Iron beneath the hood of just about everything big anyone’s ever done with data – and all the data storage and software that it takes to build the next-gen IT infrastructure that can think, learn, predict, and compete in the cognitive era. For most, the future is coming. At IBM Systems, we're already delivering it.
If you like the idea of working on a legendary brand – yes, the one that invented the typewriter, the personal computer, the mainframe, and put a man on the moon – then come create with us and be its voice.
IBM Systems leads in transformation. What we do for our clients, we’re doing for ourselves all the time: reinventing, learning what it takes to stay ahead of technological shifts and building what comes next. We’re good at change because we’ve never been afraid of it. If you’re the same, join us in our next big reveal.
About Content Marketing at IBM
We believe that content is the best way to build relationships at scale and that stories must be creatively told, uniquely delivered, and useful to our audience. Do you have what it takes? Want to be part of a company where science and creativity collide to make the new big bang in content?
strategies and campaigns.
Engaging the customer in their journey through compelling storytelling, you must balance tactical expertise with an audience-first approach to planning and overseeing the content strategy, requirements, and deliverables. You are committed to flawless execution and have a passion for creating data- and outcome-driven content experiences in a collaborative environment.
You’ll report to our IBM Systems’ Worldwide Editor-in-Chief, and your responsibilities include:
- Digital Content Strategy: Collaborate with web, paid and social on the content process from ideation to publication for both organic and paid digital content. You will drive digital content plans and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders to publish content across IBM Systems digital properties.
- Storytelling: Take a comprehensive and strategic approach to storytelling, including the ability to:
- Innovation: Continually explore the newest industry trends, technology, tools, industry insights and platforms to:
- Content Performance: Work with analysts and other teams to monitor content performance and:
- Content marketing performance
- SEO ranking improvements and web engagement
- Marketing influence and direct contribution to sales pipeline
- Content strategy, content and editing quality
- Internal customer satisfaction, ratings
- Sales, business partner and geo adoption of enablement materials
- BU content teams’ adoption and alignment to new content processes and procedures
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent years of experience required.
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- 7-10 years of experience in brand and content strategy/planning in digital/content/media
- Self-directed, thrives in a fast-paced environment, strong communication skills
- Strong understanding of optimal multi-channel approach: social, digital, media, and content metrics. Knowledge of media planning, distribution, measurement, optimization, and syndication of content
- Excellent skills in gathering, synthesizing, and analyzing internal and external research and organizing these insights into sound content strategies shareable across channels
- Familiarity with content/social/SEO
- Passionate about and a successful track record in taking a new-media approach to content and using data to inspire ideas
- A portfolio that demonstrates your ability to facilitate and initiate creative thinking in content creation and content strategy
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
About Business Unit
IBM Corporate Headquarters (CHQ) team represents a variety of functions such as marketing, finance, legal, operations, HR, and more, all working together to solve some of the world's most complex problems, help our clients achieve success and build collaborative work environments for IBMers.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that progress is made through progressive thinking, progressive leadership, progressive policy and progressive action. IBMers believe that the application of intelligence, reason and science can improve business, society and the human condition. Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are the largest technology and consulting employer in the world, with more than 380,000 IBMers serving clients in 170 countries.
For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
Being You @ IBM
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.