Job HighlightsDirector of Digital Marketing for Kemper
Birmingham , AL
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in marketing education & 8 years experience
The Director of Digital Marketing is responsible for managing and executing the company’s corporate digital marketing and media strategy. This newly-created position will help impact the organization’s strategic growth plan and customer experience initiatives. This person will work with key partners across the enterprise to help define an overarching strategy that best utilizes digital technology to meet both the parent company and business brand’s goals and objectives.
Works collaboratively with Kemper’s sales, marketing and technology teams in our business brands to develop and support strategies and campaigns. The Director of Digital Marketing will think strategically and be execution-oriented to drive a fully integrated digital marketing approach. The role is also responsible for championing digital approaches throughout the department and enterprise.
- Develop and drive overall digital marketing plan to build our brands online with our core constituencies and grow our leadership position in a competitive space.
- Advise and partner with business brand sales, marketing and technology teams to:Advocate and implement digital marketing strategies and emerging technologies to support lead acquisition, engagement and conversion.
- Help drive SEO/organic growth and inbound traffic through optimization of content and other recommendations.
- Provide strategic counsel and direction on the full range of digital opportunities and issues.
- Oversee renovation and ongoing management of Kemper.com; key partner on business brand websites. Evolve Kemper’s web presence, enhancing mobile capabilities, and search engine optimization.
- Develop and direct social media strategy to build and support the brands; create, implement and evaluate data-driven social media campaigns.
- Identify and implement innovative tactics to attract, engage, convert and grow our target markets, and build our brand online.
- Analyze market trends, including focus on customers and competitors; develop and implement strategies and tactics to optimize parent company and business brand marketing and positioning.
- Analyze the productivity and effectiveness of all digital and web efforts and develop meaningful metrics and reports for internal stakeholders.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing or related field and 8+ years of digital marketing experience with a measurable impact; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Effective at designing, implementing, and optimizing digital marketing initiatives, measuring and reporting on digital marketing’s impact on the business, and proposing improved ways of operating based on the data.
- Demonstrated execution-level expertise and experience in all digital channels including websites, mobile, social media, content management systems, SEO/SEM, and email marketing.
- Experience in leading website design and development efforts, including integration of digital assets.
- Demonstrated experience at explaining and building support for digital and technical initiatives.
- Results-driven personality with a high level of enthusiasm, energy and confidence.
- Self-directed and ability to prioritize, action-oriented, and energetic problem-solver.
- Critical and analytical thinker, proactive in proposing tests, ideas, solutions, optimization tactics, and channel strategies.
- Excellent organization, task and project management skills.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.Familiarity and proficiency with managing agency relationships.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.