Job HighlightsWyndham Destinations
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in marketing education
Go Put the World on Vacation
At Wyndham Destinations our goal is simple: to put the world on vacation. Our award-winning team of nearly 15,000 associates is diverse and dedicated, caring and creative. Together we’re shaping the future of the timeshare industry by doing things never done before. That’s part of what makes our work fun and interesting. Every day is a chance to learn something new and influence the global business.
The Director of Digital Marketing is a critical leader within the Global Panorama Digital team, responsible for developing and driving the execution of digital marketing strategies. The primary objective of this position is to efficiently drive traffic to RCI.com through multiple channels. These channels include, but are not limited to: Paid Search, SEO, Display, Paid Social and Email. This role is also ultimately responsible for effective use of digital marketing channels in driving sales both online and through the call center through indirect traffic driving strategies and awareness building.
Essential Job Functions
Beginning with the most important, or in a logical sequence, describe 5 to 7 major responsibilities of this job. Provide as much detail as necessary to give an accurate, complete outline. Indicate the percentage of total working time spent on each essential responsibility. The total should equal 100%. If a job function is considered to be less than 10% of the working time, please consider if it would be more appropriate to be included in the Non-Essential Job Functions section.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Develop and execute digital strategies that will increase traffic to, and usage of, RCI.com, while always keeping the user experience in mind.
- sophisticated web analytics and attribution modeling to increase ROI.
- Devise strategies and develop the approach for maximizing the value of the SalesForce Marketing Cloud platform.
- Devise, develop, launch and maintain a Journey-based, 1-to-1 email and mobile messaging program
- ensure effective reporting tools/dashboards,
- build the test & learn strategies,
- communicate to global marketing, call center, revenue management and finance teams.
- build digital marketing platform strategy & execution in partnership with global marketing working with solution providers – Salesforce, Google, external agency, etc.
- connect email/mobile messaging technology to CRM and Service technologies to ensure omni-channel visibility
- Partner with Global eCommerce & marketing teams to identify best practices and drive efficiencies and effectiveness across the globe – sharing best practices. This includes execution of digital marketing campaigns for other global regions and brands (DAE and TCMP).
- Manage the strategy and development of email, push, SMS, MMS and In-App campaigns to a wide variety of marketing segments for RCI, The Registry Collection and other North American Exchange and Rentals brands.
- Responsible for managing corporate campaigns (Timeshare Exit for instance) that have a primary execution via digital. This includes coordination with all internal stakeholders, external agencies and business partners.
- Manage solution providers including marketing service providers and interactive design and development agencies.
- Continually stays informed on the latest digital marketing innovations and communicate the potential value of those innovations to the business. This includes presentations directly to the RCI President and SLT as needed.
- Collaborate with other digital teams at Wyndham Destinations - aligning on digital marketing initiatives to ensure a consistent, seamless customer contact approach, leveraging best practices that improves the corporations capabilities.
- Support the Agile “Value Stream” teams initiatives
- Provide advice and guidance to the Digital UX team and corporate creative team on effective use of design.
This Director must identify ways to drive and maximize revenue for RCI through our digital sales channels optimizing the potential benefit of these untapped channels. Identifying new sources of revenue and developing business cases to justifying leveraging new platforms to realize these goals is key. Additionally, producing metrics that give us clear line of sight into performance of our digital business is critical.
Of utmost importance is the close collaboration with the regional heads of Member Marketing to properly move money in and out of their budgets to invest in digital. This requires careful planning and measurement to ensure each business unit feels comfortable and confident in the Digital Marketing team’s execution of their end-goal strategy.
Moderate travel – Includes travel to Indianapolis office as well as less frequent visits to Orlando. Also includes some attendance of conferences to stay abreast of trends in the marketplace and visits to our agency partners.
- Ability to effectively juggle multiple priorities across a variety of disciplines – with a focus on driving results. Strong influence and relationship management skills are a must, as well as the ability to effectively work in a highly matrix environment with internal teams (regional offices, finance, technology, and revenue management), as well as third parties.
- Strong leadership skills – proven ability to lead and motivate a team to drive results, as well as the ability to provide Global Governance with solid executive disposition.
- Strong recruiting skills as well as the ability to develop talent.
- Solid working knowledge of digital marketing – with innate understand and practical application of best in class techniques and capabilities.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- BA/BS in Sales/Marketing or business related field, MBA a plus
- 10+ years of marketing experience, preferably online marketing
- 5+ years of running an online channel with responsibility for driving conversions
- Solid analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to successfully communicate both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrate sound business judgment and decision making skills
- Ability to multi-task and manage deadlines
- Travel/Hospitality experience a plus
- Experience (Aptitude to Learn) with Google, Saleforce, Adobe a plus
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.
A World of Inclusion
Hospitality is at the heart of all we do at Wyndham Destinations, including how we treat each member of our growing community. Here, you’ll find a team that’s inclusive, values diversity, and is built on a foundational respect for people from all over the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all applicants will be considered for employment without attention to their membership in any protected class. If you require any reasonable accommodation to complete your application or any part of the recruiting process, please email your request to email@example.com, including the title and the location of the position for which you are applying.See Complete Job Listing