San Francisco, CA
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree education & 8 years experience
Job ID: 183088
Location Name: CA-FSC SF Off (0174)
Address: 525 Market St, 32nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States (US)
Job Type: Full Time
Position Type (Regular/Temporary): Regular
Job Function: Information Technology
Through original thinking, pioneering action, and disrupting the status quo, our Digital team has transformed the beauty retail industry. From social to mobile to site to in-store technology, Sephora is a leading digital player that builds innovative client experiences where the clients are always the focus. With a “Genius” designation on the L2 Digital IQ Index (five years in a row), we’ll continue to set the pace for the industry…especially with you on our team.
Your role at Sephora:
As the Director of Product Management, CRM and Digital Marketing, you will manage multiple product managers focused on building and scaling our CRM Capabilities, with a strong focus on using data to drive personalized customer experiences. You will define and build our strategy and roadmap to understand and interact with our clients across all touchpoints including our digital channels with site and mobile apps, our stores, and our wide range of digital marketing and media touchpoints. Reporting to the CTO, you will partner with business and engineering stakeholders to define, prioritize, and sequence projects within CRM as well as coordinating across dependent programs and domains including Digital Marketing, Loyalty & Promotions, and Data. You will ensure successful delivery of our full suite of CRM Platform and Tools, including integration to core systems across our technology stack. You will also collaborate closely across the Product team and with senior leaders from the CRM, loyalty, personalization and digital marketing teams to align initiatives and deliver a Sephora digital experience that works across devices & channels, including third-party and external marketing channels. In addition, you will:
- Own the Roadmap. You will be responsible for ensuring we have a clear vision for CRM as a strategic differentiator for Sephora’s client experience and build a multi-year product strategy and roadmap and will ensure successful and timely delivery of key initiatives.
- Manage the Team. You will build and manage team of senior product managers, helping grow them in their capabilities and careers.
- Develop our Processes. As a key leader, you will establish best practices around CRM tools and processes, drive adoption and optimization, and ensure value to our business and client experience across our overall organization.
- Collaborate with Stakeholders. Working with executive stakeholders across several business and technology teams and stakeholders you will balance competing interests and needs across the organization to arrive at a clear vision, communicating effectively and aligning various partners along the way.
- Create supporting business cases, including financial impact and benefits statements, to support feature/functionality concepts and sell the concepts to internal audiences through persuasive oral and written presentations.
- Track to defined metrics to measure success of program features, analyze results, and partner across the organization to develop action plans and enhancement recommendations.
- Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products and features
- Demonstrate our Sephora values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative.
We’re excited about you if you have:
- 8+ years of experience rising through the ranks of product management
- 5+ years of experience with data and/or CRM platforms, including the use of first party and third-party data sources
- 5+ Years of experience with e-commerce platforms
- 5+ Years as a consultant or similar experience demonstrating influence of executive-level stakeholders
- Expertise in developing a multi-year vision and accompanying product roadmap which spans multiple domains
- Excellent communication skills, especially executive-level communication and the ability to tell a compelling story
- Ability to see the strategic importance of data and its ability to enable personalized client experiences and intelligent decision making across the business
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field and/or equivalent experience
You’ll love working here because:
- The manifesto. Sephora believes in championing all beauty, living with courage, and standing fearlessly together to celebrate our differences. We will never stop building a community where diversity is expected, self-expression is honored, all are welcomed, and you are included. We belong to something beautiful.
- The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with.
- The product. Employees enjoy a product discount and receive free product (“gratis”) various times throughout the year. (Think your friends and family love you now? Just wait until you work at Sephora!)
- The business. It feels good to win – and Sephora is a leader in the retail industry, defining experiential retail with a digital focus and creating the most loved beauty community in the world…with the awards and accolades to back it up.
- The perks. Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation/holiday time off, commuter benefits, and “Summer Fridays” (half-days every Friday between Memorial and Labor Day)…and so much more.
- The LVMH family. Sephora’s parent company, LVMH, is one of the largest luxury groups in the world, providing support to over 70 brands such as Louis Vuitton, Celine, Marc Jacobs, and Dior.
Working at Sephora’s Field Support Center (FSC)
Our North American operations are based in the heart of San Francisco’s Financial District, but you won’t hear us call it a headquarters – it’s the Field Support Center (FSC). At the FSC, we support our stores in providing the best possible experience for every client. Dedicated teams cater to our client’s every need by creating covetable assortments, curated content, compelling storytelling, smart strategy, skillful analysis, expert training, and more. It takes a lot of curious and confident individuals, disrupting the status quo and taking chances. The pace is fast, the fun is furious, and the passion is real. We never rest on our laurels. Our motto? If it’s not broken, fix it.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in 1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands - including its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora's curated assortment features more than 14,000 products including makeup, skin care, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools and more. Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the Beauty Studio, a variety of complimentary classes, one-on-one service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world's premier digital beauty destination.