Job HighlightsOrangePeople LLC
Menlo Park, CA
Requirements: 5 years experience
Salary: $90,970 -to- $118,440
Do you have a passion for innovation? Are you excited to leverage cutting edge technology to solve big business problems? If your response to those questions is “yes”, we would love for you to join us! At OrangePeople we consult for some of the most prestigious brands in the world. But more importantly, our consultants have a voice in the vision and future of the company. At OrangePeople, our focus is people. It’s right there in our name.
The Campaign Project Manager will manage medium to large-sized multi-faceted creative projects from inception to delivery, leading overall coordination, implementation, and execution as well as ensuring quality, consistency and brand compliance.
- Manage medium to large-sized, multi-faceted creative projects from inception to delivery.
- Ensure delivery of projects according to project timelines and contractual obligations.
- Experience using project/process management (MRM) tools.
- Keep the team informed of the status of projects and milestones as the project progresses.
- Proactively manage client expectations.
- Manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Understand roadmaps, priorities and resource availability.
- Take the lead on client facing engagements.
- Manage internal teams to ensure integrated delivery.
- Coordinate with internal team members and stakeholders to ensure deliverables are understood and milestones are met with consistency, quality and timeliness.
- Manage risks, issues and scope changes effectively.
- Master and maintain client brand standards, direction and strategy.
- Embed solutions operationally into clients' processes.
- 5+ years of project management experience in a creative, internal/external agency or marketing related field; implementing various large-scale integrated projects.
- Experience managing full-scale campaigns.
- Experience working with creatives and clients
- Adobe Suite experience and familiarity with video and multimedia applications.
- Ability to create and work with cross-functional and/ or distributed virtual teams.
- Excellent presentation, communications, and professional client service skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability.
- Excellent communicator: Able to communicate to all levels of seniority both internal and external.
- Strong project management, leadership and people management skills.
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal and problem-solving skills, especially in situations involving consensus and team building.
- Participate in OrangePeople monthly team meetings, and participate in team building efforts.
- Contribute to OrangePeople technical discussions, peer reviews, etc.
- Contribute content and collaborate via the OP-Wiki/Knowledge Base.
- Provide status reports to OP Account Management, as requested
Orange People is an Enterprise Architecture and Project Management solutions company. Our most valuable asset is our people: dynamic, creative thinkers who are passionate about doing quality work. As a member of the Orange People team you will have access to industry-leading consulting practices, strategies & technologies, innovative training & education. An ideal Orange Person is a technology leader with a proven track record of technical achievements and strong process/methodology orientation.