Redwood City, CA
Requirements: 7 years experience
About the Role
We are building a Center of Excellence for Digital Advertising at Oracle. This is your opportunity to join a team from the ground up and help shape the digital media presence of a Fortune 100 company.
- Developing Strategy for Activation: Create the processes for setting up, trafficking, and activating media. Collaborate with other channel teams, LOB leaders and branding to define the best way to reach and convert Oracle audiences.
- Developing a Center-of-Excellence: Educating the company on best practices and innovations/trends in the industry. You act as a strategic partners with our stakeholders, participating in upfront strategy and influencing marketing initiatives.
- Measuring Success: Deliver on the value of specialized publisher strategies and tactics. Identify KPIs and tangible ROI to the business. Conduct ad-hoc reporting for marketing leaders with insightful recommendations.
- 7 Years of Digital Media Expertise: You roll up your sleeves and jump into dissecting a media brief to develop a plan or know how to interpret campaign performance.
- Experience in Complex B2B Marketing: Our customers engage with various marketing touchpoints dozens of times before coming to a buying decision. Far different from transactional / consumer sales.
- Superior Executive Communication Skills: Whether verbal, written or PowerPoint, you’ll need to be able to sell complex concepts to marketing stakeholders while also being able to engage knowledgeable publishing partners as peers.
- Team Player: You have a collaborative personality that thrives in a highly cross-functional, cross-cultural environment—as a regional leader, will need to lead a team and stakeholders across different product pillars.
- Leadership Skills: You need to be exceptional at interpersonal and relationship skills – managing up, down and across a matrix organization.
- Equally Analytical and Creative: You are metrics-driven but come up with creative solutions to problems and not afraid to test new ideas. You’ll be responsible for finding new ways to innovate.
- Strong Operational and Finance Background: You’re going to be responsible for a budget covering dozens of products and seven completely different target audiences.
- Agency Background: Knowing how Agencies operate and activate media will help you build the internal team as the global center for excellence.
- Strong Attention to Detail: With organizational, time management, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Bias for Action. You see the big picture and understand the complexity inside Oracle. You are willing work in an agile environment.
- Quality over Quantity: Grounding your recommendations in insights, research, and experimentation.
- Technical and Platform Knowledge: Data extraction tools, lead management and deep publisher relationships.
- Your Middle Name is “Negotiator”: You go to the mat with publishers. You will need to extract the most value from our publishing partners.
- ABM: You have created account alignment and targeting at scale and have proven success at opportunity creation.
- Hands On: You will get down in the trenches activating and trafficking campaigns.
- You’re always on the lookout for the latest and greatest tactics, tools, and strategies in the space to be keep ahead of the game and/or on the cutting edge of innovation.
- Experience in Agile Methodology is a big plus.
Assist in the development and implementation of digital marketing strategies to optimize the online user experience, increase marketing effectiveness. Executes online marketing programs such as search optimization (paid and natural search), affiliated marketing, social marketing, and viral marketing to create buzz and inbound demand responses. Drive traffic which ultimately generates sales pipeline. Translates ideas used in demand generation into promotional marketing campaigns and advertising personas. Ensures localized content is leveraged for all digital marketing channels including, web, social, paid advertising and outbound emails Conducts analysis for programs effectiveness and uses the findings for market site enhancements and to leverage optimization of all digital programs. Collects and analyzes digital/internet/website/mobile data and statistics which monitor and measure the performance of digital traffic and activities to support marketing and campaign optimization, lead generation for sales, product and engineering teams for continuous improvements to product and data driven decision making. Applies statistics-based market intelligence to business issues and formulates recommendations on optimizing the user experience and help drive business outcomes. Monitors and analyzes site performance and reviews tracking metrics to provide solutions to increase search engine ranking and creating marketing personas/audience profiles. Researches and evaluates new technology trends and identifies new optimization opportunities. Manage online advertising relationship and local social media agencies.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 8+ years relevant work experience. BA/BS degree or equivalent. Proficiency in web analytics applications, strong database skills and technical understanding of website architecture and mobile platforms.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.