San Francisco, CA
Requirements: 8 years experience
- Employees enjoy a product discount and receive free product (“gratis”) various times throughout the year.
- Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation/holiday time off, commuter benefits, and “Summer Fridays” (half-days every Friday between Memorial and Labor Day)…and so much more.
Job ID: 184397
Location Name: CA-FSC SF Off (0174)
Address: 525 Market St, 32nd Floor, San Francisco, CA 94105, United States (US)
Job Type: Full Time
Position Type (Regular/Temporary): Regular
Job Function: Marketing
Position: Senior Marketing Manager, Brand Marketing
Location: San Francisco, CA
Your role at Sephora:
As a Senior Marketing Manager, Brand Marketing, you will be responsible for establishing marketing plans for Sephora brand partners that drive sales and grow clients for brands and the skincare category. Reporting to the Vice President, Brand Marketing, you will partner with brands to optimize programs using Sephora’s marketing levers.
The role will encompass:
- Lead as a Brand Marketing Partner
- Lead as main marketing contact for 25+ brands simultaneously; own relationship outright. Develop a keen understanding of the brands’ businesses, priorities, and products
- Navigate conversations with and advise senior-most marketing leaders in the brands’ organizations on both the strategic and tactical level
- Advise the brands on how to win at Sephora from a channel marketing standpoint, including consumer messaging, sampling strategy, social media strategy, co-op advertising, and creative to achieve mutually beneficial business objectives
- For select brands with limited marketing means, advise on general marketing strategy and the best use of the brand’s marketing resources, both inside and outside of the immediate world of Sephora
- Building Collaborative Marketing Programs
- Develop strong partnerships, securing brand participation in relevant Sephora marketing programs
- Analyze and report on Sephora and brand ROI for collaborative marketing programs and sampling investments. Utilize data to make recommendations to deliver win-wins for both the brands and Sephora
- Procure and manage Beauty Insider sampling, Play (subscription) sampling, and promotional plans for brands
- Identify opportunities for new co-op marketing programs and partnerships. Build the business case to develop new ideas and innovations
- Cross-Functional Leadership
- Serve as the go-to marketing contact for the Sephora category merchant(s)
- Build reciprocal partnerships cross-functionally in a highly matrixed organization: merchandising/brands, digital marketing, .com merchandising, store education, loyalty, and analytics teams
- Employ a strategic approach to process; organize and divvy up work effectively
- Serve as mentor and role-model to junior team members and cross-functional partners, even if don’t have a direct-reporting relationship
- Demonstrate our Sephora values of Passion for Client Service, Innovation, Expertise, Balance, Respect for All, Teamwork, and Initiative.
We’re excited about you if you have:
- 8+ years related experience in brand management/marketing in a consumer facing business, digital content publisher or digital agency
- Proactive problem-solving skills; ability to anticipate obstacles and quickly generate alternate solutions/ideas
- Honed presentation skills; confidence in presenting point of view in multiple forums, including leadership level
- Effective communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Creative self-starter with can-do positive attitude and a roll-up-your-sleeves approach
- Proven ability to lead, build relationships, and work effectively in a highly cross-functional team
- Passion for Sephora, our programs, clients, store associates, and marketing
- Ability to travel as required
You’ll love working here because:
- The people. You will be surrounded by some of the most talented, supportive, smart, and kind leaders and teams – people you can be proud to work with.
- The product. Employees enjoy a product discount and receive free product (“gratis”) various times throughout the year. (Think your friends and family love you now? Just wait until you work at Sephora!)
- The business. It feels good to win – and Sephora is a leader in the retail industry, defining experiential retail with a digital focus and creating the most loved beauty community in the world…with the awards and accolades to back it up.
- The perks. Sephora offers comprehensive medical benefits, generous vacation/holiday time off, commuter benefits, and “Summer Fridays” (half-days every Friday between Memorial and Labor Day)…and so much more.
- The LVMH family. Sephora’s parent company, LVMH, is one of the largest luxury groups in the world, providing support to over 70 brands such as Louis Vuitton, Celine, Marc Jacobs, and Dior.
Working at Sephora’s Field Support Center (FSC)
Our North American operations are based in the heart of San Francisco’s Financial District, but you won’t hear us call it a headquarters – it’s the Field Support Center (FSC). At the FSC, we support our stores in providing the best possible experience for every client. Dedicated teams cater to our client’s every need by creating covetable assortments, curated content, compelling storytelling, smart strategy, skillful analysis, expert training, and more. It takes a lot of curious and confident individuals, disrupting the status quo and taking chances. The pace is fast, the fun is furious, and the passion is real. We never rest on our laurels. Our motto? If it’s not broken, fix it.
Sephora is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status. Sephora is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
Sephora will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. #LI-SCR
SEPHORA has been changing the face of prestige cosmetics since its debut in 1970s Paris. Sephora was acquired by luxury group Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton (LVMH) in 1997 then launched stateside in 1998, and is currently home to 200 world-class brands - including its own private label, SEPHORA COLLECTION. Sephora's curated assortment features more than 14,000 products including makeup, skin care, perfume, hair care, body, professional tools and more. Sephora is the beauty education hub, offering consultations at the Beauty Studio, a variety of complimentary classes, one-on-one service from Personal Beauty Advisors, and exclusive retail technology SKINCARE IQ, COLOR IQ, and FRAGRANCE IQ. Sephora is an international force in beauty, and its award-winning website and ever-growing presence on social-media make it the world's premier digital beauty destination.