Requirements: Master’s Degree / MBA education & 4 years experience
Manages team(s) responsible for developing and implementing protocols that impact the daily operational activities of the specified functional area of the Digital & Marketing operation. Accountable for the management of multiple sections of work, multiple teams or a major section of work within the Commerce operation. Outcomes managed have a moderate impact on the short - and mid-term goals of the specified area of responsibility.
- Accountable for the management of the daily operational activities that develop and implement multiple components / processes for a specified section of work or a major section of work within the digital space, such as Merchandising, eHealth, Photo, User Experience, Strategy, Operations, On-line Technology and/or Marketing.
- Performs as subject matter advisor to functional area and may become actively involved, as required, to meet schedules and resolve problems highly complex in nature.
- Develops protocols to support established standards. Oversees team(s) assigned to projects and may manage implementations.
- Shares information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes. Interacts with direct reports and peers in management / customers / vendors to share information and improve cross-departmental processes.
- Oversees the development of technical/business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
- Makes recommendations for specified area of responsibility regarding the operating plans of the functional unit, then, based on prevailing conditions may realign the daily operations of assigned functional area.
- Develops budget for functional area. Accountable for area budget and delivering against business goals/objectives.
- Reviews reports and metrics and identifies opportunities to grow and optimize consumer awareness, market share and/or specified initiatives. . Reviews and analyzes the competitive marketplace for patterns and trends and may make recommendations/adjustments to operational activities based upon identified information.
- Oversees and manages managers, supervisors and individual contributors. Allocates available resources to meet operating objectives. Ensures the ongoing training and development of direct reports. Develops and mentors staff through on-boarding, open communication, training and development opportunities and performance management processes; builds and maintains employee morale and motivation; ensures the team is appropriately staffed with required competencies; fosters a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Walgreens (walgreens.com), one of the nation's largest drugstore chains, is included in the Retail Pharmacy USA Division of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), a global leader in retail and wholesale pharmacy. Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health, beauty and retail destination supporting communities across the country, and was named to FORTUNE* magazine’s 2019 Companies that Change the World list. Approximately 8 million customers interact with Walgreens in stores and online each day. As of August 31, 2019, Walgreens operates 9,277 drugstores with a presence in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, along with its omni-channel business, Walgreens.com. Walgreens also provides specialty pharmacy and mail services and offers in-store clinics and other health care services throughout the United States, most of which are operated by our health care strategic partners.
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 4 years of experience in Merchandising, Marketing, eCommerce, Healthcare, Strategy, Finance, IT and/or Operations OR High school / GED and at least 7 years of experience in Merchandising, Marketing, eCommerce, Healthcare, Strategy, Finance, IT and/or Operations.
- Experience establishing & maintaining relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization, including the executive level.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams.
- Experience interacting at the executive level.
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial decisions in the workplace.
- At least 2 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and/or cross-functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Master’s Degree / MBA