Job HighlightsNYU Langone
New York, NY
Requirements: BA/BS degree in Marketing education & 8 years experience
NYU Langone Health is a world-class, patient-centered, integrated academic medical center, known for its excellence in clinical care, research, and education. It comprises more than 200 locations throughout the New York area, including five inpatient locations, a children's hospital, three emergency rooms and a level 1 trauma center. Also part of NYU Langone Health is the Laura and Isaac Perlmutter Cancer Center, a National Cancer Institute designated comprehensive cancer center, and NYU Grossman School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. For more information, go to nyulangone.org, and interact with us on LinkedIn, Glassdoor, Indeed, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and Instagram.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Associate Director-Marketing.
In this role, the successful candidate is responsible for leading the development and implementation of a 360-degree marketing program for Perlmutter Cancer Center, the Department of Plastic Surgery, and the Department of Population Health. The incumbent will interact on a daily basis with senior faculty and administrative leadership staff of the business lines, in order to effectively develop and execute marketing initiatives aligned with clinical, research and business objectives, as well as protect and enhance the reputation of the master brand.
The position reports to the Director of Marketing.
- Develop and implement strategic, research-based marketing plans for specified programs and other areas as assigned.
- Lead collaboration and integration of cross functional communications tactics, working closely with the media, digital, publications and internal communications teams. Serve as leader for collaborative huddle model for other service lines.
- Identify the most effective communication channels and tactics to reach them, including close collaboration with the digital marketing team on digital and data-driven tactics
- Develop marketing collateral materials (e.g., brochures, annual reports) to promote strategic areas and leverage other communications channels (i.e., social media) for promoting these programs.
- Manage physician-to-physician and consumer-targeted direct marketing campaigns
- Lead national reputation building efforts for Perlmutter Cancer Center, implementing processes and tactics that can serve as model across other specialty areas.
- Lead creative development process for collateral with external vendors, including graphic designers, printers and photographers
- Ensure that strategies support the institutional strategic plan; work closely with faculty and staff of departments as well as corporate services teams (development, operations, etc.) to stay on top of business priorities, to ensure alignment of institutional and marketing priorities and messages
- Manage internal approval processes for marketing materials and initiatives
- Ad hoc projects as needed
- Advertising and Branding
Work closely with branding agency to guide brand consistency and hierarchy, applying learnings to provide strategic guidance to other service line branding
- Develop and execute programmatic advertising campaigns for cancer specialties, considering institutional prioritization and data-backed business goals
- Lead effort to develop brand building opportunities within business-driven programmatic advertising of priority initiativeswith key cancer programs as a model
- Strategic Planning
Prepare and manage summary of marketing activity, as well as executive pre-caps and recaps of high visibility projects
- Budget and Management
Manage all assigned marketing budgets
To qualify you must have a BA/BS degree in Marketing.
o Minimum 8 10 years marketing experience for large, complex organization(s)
o Experience with large hospital, health care delivery system, or health insurance industry preferred
o Previous advertising, direct marketing and online marketing experience
Ability to function successfully in a highly-matrixed complex organization
Strong interpersonal communications skills with instinct to adapt communication appropriate to audience
Strong writing and editing skills
Understanding of graphic design and branding
Superior project management skills with demonstrative ability to drive projects forward in a strategic and effective manner
Leadership and a self-starter; proactive; able to juggle multiple projects and follow through to completion; a problem-solver; creative; can interpret need into action
Ability to develop effective messages aligned with goals of the organization
Ability to exercise excellent judgment
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Health provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Health's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal "EEO is the law" poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information. To view the Pay Transparency Notice, please click here.