Job HighlightsUnderwriters Laboratories Inc.
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in marketing education & 8 years experience
At UL, we know why we come to work.:
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change. Satisfying? Yes. Exciting? Absolutely!
As our global footprint continues to spread across the world, we are looking for a Director Marketing, Marketing Operations to join our team to drive sharing of best practices and activates campaigns and events across local regions and markets.
What youâll learn & achieve::
Drives sharing of best practices and activates campaigns and events across local regions and markets.
- Ensures local market advantage for timing, speed of service, language, and local relationships
- Drives sharing of best practices across regions / local market
- Directs and oversees the activities of three Regional Leads across the Asia Pac / MEA, Europe, and the Americas regions
- Provides updates to board upon request
- Close interaction with Regional Leadership, Business Leadership, Regional Sales, and regional customers
- Develops strategies with Business Leaders, Strategy and Customer Excellence, and Brand Activation to tailor campaigns and messaging to meet regional needs and targets
- Works closely with other Marketing functions and Sales to integrate approaches for campaigns at the local level
- Makes strategic recommendations based on campaign performance to drive awareness, adoption, community engagement, and generate leads
- Plans and implements regional tradeshows and events in collaboration with the Tradeshow / Events / Sports Partnerships function to ensure efficiency, consistency and to maximize business impact (event ROI)
- Works with Sales and Strategic Marketing to develop deeper understanding of customer needs, competitive alternatives and generates plans to win in the marketplace
- Coaches Regional Marketing staff and provides career path guidance
- Recruits and grows the Regional Marketing team to deliver on Marketing’s Mission
- Develops strategies with Strategic Marketing that account for regional competitive intelligence and insights
- Leads and coordinates strategies with Demand Gen and Digital Marketing Strategy and Ops and Social Strategy and Operations to identify regional SEO/SEM needs and social media channels
What makes you a great fit::
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising, Communications or related field
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in tailoring and managing campaigns at a global scale
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in managing teams and direct reports by assessing and prioritizing projects. Experience working with diverse, global teams strongly preferred
- Experience in managing all aspects of a campaign, including budget management, timelines, strategy, and activation across local channels
- Experience with event planning organization and invitation management
- Experience crafting go-to-market strategy across diverse global markets
- Experience working with a creative team and managing deliverables including translated web content, videos, and copy to deliver for unique regional needs
- Experience in identifying and effectively leveraging brand ambassadors to promote products and services within a region
Unique Leadership Skills or Characteristics
- Business Acumen: Knows how businesses work; knowledgeable in current and possible future policies, practices, trends, and information affecting his/her business and organization; knows the competition; is aware of how strategies and tactics work in the marketplace.
- Adaptability: Adapts brand messaging, strategy, and content to meet the needs of specific markets; does not subscribe to a one-size-fits-all mentality for messaging and personas.
- Global Mindset: Envisions how UL’s brand and story play out locally; understands when the brand must adapt to align with local needs; understands the invaluable perspectives a globally situated team can bring to the brand.
- Hiring & Staffing: Hires the best people available from inside or outside; is not afraid of selecting strong people; assembles talented staffs.
- Problem Solving: Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and does not stop at the first answers.
- Customer Focus: Gains insight into customer needs; identifies opportunities that benefit the customer; builds and delivers solutions that meet customer expectations; establishes and maintains effective customer relationships.
- Cultivates Innovation: Comes up with useful ideas that are new better or unique; introduces new ways of looking at problems; can take a creative idea and put it into practice; encourages diverse thinking to promote and nurture innovation.
- Integrity and Trust: Is widely trusted; is seen as a direct, truthful individual; can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner; keeps confidences; admits mistakes; does not misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
UL Leadership Skills
- Demonstrates UL’s Critical Behaviors for Success and Leadership Skills (high-performance culture, self-awareness, collegiality and teamwork, and intellectual curiosity)
What youâll experience working at UL::
- Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
- People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people.” Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
- Grow & Achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
- Total Rewards: Total Rewards: All employees at UL are eligible for bonus compensation. UL offers a generous 401k matching structure of up to 5% of eligible pay. Additionally, we invest an additional 4% into your retirement saving fund after your first year of continuous employment. We provide Healthcare Reimbursement Accounts and Health Savings Accounts that UL contributes to twice per year! Depending on your role, you can work with your manager on flexible working arrangements. We also provide employees with paid time off including vacation, holiday, sick and volunteer time off.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.See Complete Job Listing
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit UL.com
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit UL.com