Requirements: Bachelor’s degree education & 10 years experience
XUMO is looking for a Director, Content Partnerships & Business Development to support our content and distribution team. XUMO is a leading, global, free, ad-supported streaming service. This position will be responsible for supporting the content partnerships and operations teams in managing relationships with XUMO’s most strategic partners, including content owners and technology partners. You will be responsible for ensuring all deadlines are met, contract criteria are followed, and internal teams remain organized in terms of launch and programming priorities. You will utilize your experience across media and distribution, industry knowledge, data analysis, and existing relationships to best represent XUMO in the OTT, media and technology space. This position is critical to the success of the content partnerships and operations teams and will support all facets of the departments.
Your role within the content partnerships team is integral to scaling XUMO’s capabilities and partner relations. You must have a background demonstrating strong organizational and prioritization skill, curiosity of industry trends and growth, and a keen attention to detail.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Effectively and clearly communicate open projects and tickets internally within the content operations team.
- Help prioritize work understanding inbound requests and upcoming deadlines across the business.
- Manage relationships with new and existing content and distribution partners.
- Act as primary advocate for partners across multiple internal teams and be responsible for ensuring close alignment on company priorities and goals based on the changing needs of partners.
- Support the long-term success of partners through communication, analytical insights and partner intelligence updates.
- Work cross-functionally with all other internal departments to ensure clear communication and expectations between the content partnerships team, sales, content operations, marketing and product.
- Create new strategies and workflows to increase speed, capacity and track every detail.
- Bachelor's Degree preferred or equivalent work experience, generally requires 10+ years of experience
- Experience in project management, account management and partnerships
- Experience working in streaming media, acquisitions and distribution departments
- Demonstrated strong time-management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Demonstrated strong strategic and analytical planning and problem-solving skills
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to cultivate relationships and negotiate with internal clients
- Ability to meet deadlines and partner timeline expectations
- Solid understanding of product and technology in digital media
- Proven strong written and oral communication skills
- Superpowers for attention to detail and organization
XUMO’s head office is in Orange County, California. As part of its corporate responsibility to both staff and the wider society, XUMO is currently operating under a temporary remote working initiative and distributed virtual networks operation center to support the prevention of spread of COVID-19. Candidates should be comfortable remote working and video conferencing during the short term, with an eventual goal to return to a full-time office-based environment.See Complete Job Listing