Requirements: Bachelor’s degree education
The Brand that Gets You to What’s Next
Express is the vibrant, confident lifestyle brand for ambitious people, providing the latest fashion for style-obsessed men and women since 1980. Our mission is to provide inspiration and confidence through fashion to help people get to what's next in their day, and their lives. With more than 600 retail and outlet stores throughout the United States, Puerto Rico and Latin America, and a best-in-class online/mobile shopping experience at www.express.com, Express brings city-inspired style to customers across the globe.
A Workplace To Match
We think you'll like it here.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package, generous associate discount, and casual work environment. Working at Express is much more than the 9 to 5. It is an opportunity to connect and engage with some of the smartest individuals in the fashion business doing work they are passionate about. This is the Express Life and we’re always looking for talented leaders at all levels to join our team; if this sounds like you, we'd love to chat!
The Director, Performance Marketing (Digital Media) is an essential role in leading the Express brand across paid marketing programs to drive new customers, traffic & sales online and in-stores. Position will oversee strategy and performance to drive full marketing funnel from brand awareness to conversion across Paid Search, SEO, Display, Video, Paid Social & Affiliate media channels. Supports branding efforts by boosting digital awareness across paid media platforms. Partners with both external partners including agencies, technology providers and internal partners including Brand Marketing, E-Commerce, Creative, Merchandising and the extended Performance Marketing teams to develop seasonal strategy for digital marketing activities. Reviews performance results across all tactics and KPI’s to continually report results optimize programs.
Manage all Paid Search, Organic Search, Display, Video, Paid Social & Affiliate marketing efforts.
- Manage and prioritize acquisition and retention driving digital campaigns across all sales channels (Express store, Express Factory Outlets and eCom) and extended brand programs.
- Oversee Search and Media marketing programs by defining strategy, planning, and implementation of programs with team and agency partners.
- Oversee research and improvements to Express site experiences to drive improved SEO rankings, traffic and brand relevancy across search engines in partnerships with ecommerce operations and IT teams.
- Oversees affiliate programs to continually drive increased traffic and sales in stores and online. Define affiliate marketing goals to support customer acquisition, retention and transaction goals.
- Forecasts traffic targets and budgets needs to meet sales plans. Adjusts distribution of budget in season maximize efficiency of spend.
- Analyzes digital marketing programs daily, weekly, monthly and seasonally and adjusts to improve ROI. Makes strategic recommendations based on metrics and input from each sales channel or extended brand program on their digital marketing plans.
- Conducts on-going review of refinements to determine best practices as they relate to the brand objectives and recommends next steps digital program evolution.
- Works with marketing leadership, analytics and finance to project media spend & impact.
- Leads weekly + monthly business reviews, monitoring growth trends and measuring all marketing campaigns through to ROI.
- Partners with analytics & agency teams to create insights that lead to marketing efficiency and scaling of the acquisition programs
- Partners across marketing organization to develop collaborative campaigns and media plans.
- Partners with internal creative to develop and produce creative assets for campaigns.
Manage and grow team of direct reports
- Develop a high-performance team to become functional experts in their respective disciplines.
- Cross-train team to provide learning opportunities outside of their functional expertise.
- Maintain close agency relationship to foster brand experience and knowledge
- Foster a positive environment which encourages curiosity, innovation and collaboration.
Launch innovative programs
- Identify new channels of opportunity for incremental customer growth.
- Develop strong partnerships with external partners to drive first-to-market innovation in the digital space through alpha and beta programs.
- Continue to test and learn across all programs to drive customer engagements and personalized experiences.
- Be a key Subject Matter Expert for the organization on all aspects of digital marketing. Stay current on technology opportunities, new partners entering the market and trends both in and outside of the retail market.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing related field
- Experience: 7+ years Marketing experience, 5 years Leadership role with experience across paid search, display and paid social. Retail experience is preferred.
Preferred Requirements (skills and abilities)
- Proven expertise acquiring customers and driving revenue through SEM/Google Shopping, Paid Social, Re-targeting and Programmatic marketing spend
- Proven ability to oversee and optimize marketing technology, customer journey, multi-touch attribution, and cross-channel ad sequencing
- Proven experience working with analytics and data science resources to measure marketing impact
- Proven experience managing and optimizing a large acquisition marketing budget
- Experience of local marketing is a plus
- Extremely well organized (including good project management skills) and high attention to detail
- Leadership skills - ability to lead teams of people from a variety of functional areas to reach common project goals
- Strong written and verbal communications skills and a demonstrated ability to effectively interact across business functions to deliver effective marketing programs
- Extremely curious and actively seeks to test, learn and iterate
As an equal opportunity employer, Express does not discriminate in hiring or terms and conditions of employment on the basis of any federal, state, or locally protected class. Express only hires individuals authorized for employment in the United States.
Notification to Agencies: Please note that Express does not accept unsolicited resumes or calls from third-party recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement and approval from HR to submit resumes for a specific requisition, Express will not consider or approve payment to any third-parties for hires made.See Complete Job Listing