San Diego, CA
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree education & 7 years experience
The Senior Product Manager (SPM) will develop market-centric product strategies that maintain and advance leadership in point of need medical and information technology solutions. The incumbent will drive and project manage product life-cycle dynamics to ensure that our company maintains innovative, efficient and medically relevant diagnostic, prognostic and predictive solutions.
The SPM will commence as an individual contributor but will recruit and grow the Product Marketing team in due course. Leadership and management expertise are therefore significant requirements for the position. Occasional (and sometimes frequent) domestic and international travel may be required.
- Develop point of need portfolio strategy.
- Work with Regulatory and Scientific Affairs teams to build appropriate product labeling and Instructions for Use documentation.
- Explore and initiate alternative business models and third party partnerships.
- Support product quality and supplier sustainability initiatives.
- Project manage global product launches.
- Support international affiliate messaging and positioning.
- Recruit necessary talent.
- Facilitate cross-functional collaboration to initiate, develop and implement improvement programs.
- Manage communication/collaboration with regional business partners.
- Assist Business Development team with potential licensing and M&A opportunities.
- Perform pre-market development, market access preparation, education/interpretation training programs, marketing collateral, and key promotional activities.
- Serve as the marketing lead for platform development projects.
- Drive and coordinate new product/product extension advisory councils with KOL’s on an international basis.
- Gather global VOC information to ensure proper representation of market/customer feedback.
- Develop sales and support training materials.
- Coordinate with affiliate marketing and sales teams to execute launch activities for new products.
- Develop/execute marketing plans by disease area.
- Build marketing collateral, presentation and training material.
- Build business cases.
- Implement customer segmentation models.
- Build digital marketing campaigns.
- Establish pricing guidelines.
- Develop/execute marketing strategy and plans, incl. launch plans, product positioning, pricing, medical marketing, publications.
- Gather, refine, analyze and deliver customer requirements across all markets.
- Ensure commercial readiness, successful launch and post-launch stability.
- Rollout global branding; develop campaigns and drive implementation.
- Coordinate production forecasts during launch, obsolescence, quality issues and promotional campaigns to ensure readiness of global supply.
- Provide the required support and functions pertinent to managing a team.
- Ability to travel up to 25% (domestic and international).
Education, Knowledge, and Skill Requirements:
- Bachelors Degree in relevant scientific field.
- Minimum of 7 years product marketing experience in consumer health or point of care environment.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Must be organized with strong leadership skills.
- Strong financial planning and analysis skills.
- Strong MS Office knowledge & CRM experience.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish.
- Prior experience working with an infectious diseases POC organization.
- Prior experience working with molecular and/or lateral flow devices.
- Lateral thinking.
- Performance of product management responsibilities will facilitate the optimal commercialization and deployment of products around the world. This in turn will drive market leadership in the point of need and point of care environment.