Job HighlightsBlue Shield of California
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree education
Full Job Description
See Complete Job Listing
The Senior Manager of UX Strategy & Content reports to the Director of User Experience and serves on the User Experience Leadership Team.
- Manager: Leads the UX Strategy and Content Team in the design and delivery of multiple digital products. Has multiple years of expertise leading design teams. Manages resources and assigns to projects. Responsibilities for hiring, mentoring and coaching UX Strategists and Content Strategists. Develops roadmaps
- Design Process: As the team leader, defines a rigorous design methodology and is constantly improving the design process. Ensures the team is aligned in approach and process. Knows that extraordinary results come from executing well on the fundamentals.
- Strategy: The go-to specialist/expert in seeing the bigger picture and vision for end-to-end solutions across Prospect, Member, Provider and Employer/Broker digital experiences. Directs the team in producing key strategic plans, explorations, and evaluations. Customer journey mapping and customer
- Cross functional solutions: Deep knowledge in understanding how functional user experiences areas — user research, interaction design, visual design and content strategy/design — combine for optimal solutions. Directs team to presents cohesive plan for UX participation with working teams and digital products. Direct UX working team in active projects to ensure delivery.
- Coaching: As team leader, actively coaches UX Strategists and Content Strategists on best practices regarding approach to solution design and implementation.
- Future State: Expert in enterprise collaboration to evaluate new solutions and key digital products that will help our users. Leads the team on future state user experience exercises.
- Tools: Has deep expertise in the best practices and toolset for design teams and directs recommendations for improving tools. Directs team in evaluation exercises and makes final recommendations with benefits analysis.
- Agile Best Practices: As the team leader and Agile expert, makes recommendations to user experience team, product and development to improve process.
- Partnership: Establish strong relationships across enterprise with partners in IT, Brand, Marketing, Product, Innovation, etc.
- Innovation: Extremely strong track record of innovation in people, process and technology.
- Education: College degree or equivalent experience
- Years of Experience: Minimum 10 years prior relevant experience / 4 years management experience.
- Results Leadership: Positively leads team to deliver outstanding results and create value.
- Personal Leadership: Extremely effective communicator who builds trust, embraces challenges and who is a lifelong learner.
- Thought Leadership: Develops highly creative solutions, enjoys thinking outside the box, and strategic in approach.
- People Leadership: Models collaborative teamwork and builds talent and team to meet future needs of digital.
- Our Company: At Blue Shield of California we are parents, leader, students, visionaries, heroes, and providers. Everyday we come together striving to fulfill our mission, to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at a sustainably affordable price. For more than 80 years, Blue Shield of California has been dedicated to transforming health care by making it more accessible, cost-effective, and customer-centric. We are a not-for-profit, independent member of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association with 6,800 employees, more than $20 billion in annual revenue and 4.3 million members. The company has contributed more than $500 million to Blue Shield of California Foundation since 2002 to have a positive impact on California communities. Blue Shield of California is headquartered in Oakland, California with 18 additional locations including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San Diego. We’re excited to share Blue Shield of California has received awards and recognition for – LGBT diversity, quality improvement, most influential women in corporate America, Bay Area’s top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the world’s most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California, we’re striving to make a positive change across our industry and the communities we live in – Join us!
- Physical Requirements:Office Environment - roles involving part to full time schedule in Office Environment. Based in our physical offices and work from home office/deskwork – Activity level: Sedentary, frequency most of work day.
Please click here for further physical requirement detail.
- Equal Employment Opportunity: External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classification protected by Federal, State and local laws.
- Requisition ID: 20002ED
- Posting Date: Oct 21, 2020
- Schedule: Full-time