Requirements: Bachelor degree education
A mutually rewarding experience.
Work. Realize your ambitions. And realize there’s more to being in business than just making a profit. That’s the Mars philosophy. And the opportunity we offer every one of our Associates. An opportunity to take what you do and make it mean more for you, for those around you and for the planet. What you get here is challenging, interesting work. You get the tools you need to do a great job and you get to have the best possible people on your side to help you do it. And at the same time as getting to find ways to do business better today than we did it yesterday and driving a great career, you also get to build a more enlightened business and drive sustainability.
Because it’s never just about a single person, a single project or a single brand. It’s about how you can grab everything that’s within your reach here and use it to pursue mutual, long-term gain. It’s about having ideas. And ideals. Being prepared to risk failure because the promise of success means we’ll all be a little better off. It’s that mix of integrity and ambition that makes Mars such a special place to work. And why working here is always about more than just a job.
About Mars, Incorporated
Mars is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5™, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, MARS DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Mars also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners™. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Mars operates in more than 80 countries. The Mars Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.Broaden Your Resume with our certified digital marketing courses
The Sr. Shopper Marketing/Digital Manager for Target will be responsible for managing Omni Channel solutions at Target. This role will work closely in partnership with the Target Sales team and internal Brand/Shopper/Digital teams to bring insight based solutions that drive growth for category at Target both online and instore. This associate with own the relationship with Roundel, Target’s media network, which is a critical strategic priority for them and changing quickly. Therefore, this role will need to be a strategic thought leader in bringing annual plans to life in an omni channel way. The role will require excellence in shopper marketing, media, cross-functional team collaboration, an entrepreneurial mind-set, ability to work in a fast paced and every changing environment, comfort with ambiguity, and a high level of business acumen.
- Critical Partner in Strategic planning to support Annual Joint Business Plan with Target. Provide actionable digital shopper insights and solutions that support growth objectives. These solutions should include shopper expertise and insights across: products/assortment (everyday/new products/promoted/seasonal), placement and everyday shelving and merchandising, pricing (everyday, seasonal, and promotional), promotions, paid search, paid display media, and seasonal merchandising
- Manage and own Roundel strategic and day to day relationship- partnering on allocation of spend both Shopper and in partnership with Media team on National Media investment
- Responsible for management of Shopper Marketing and Digital Budget including Spend ROI analysis
- Partner with Brand Teams, including Media team to ensure omni-channel strategies maximize brand priorities and strategies
- Active member of both the Shopper & Digital teams to be subject matter expert for the account and true omni-channel champion to support full implementation of marketing and product development plans in line with the customer strategy.
- Develop and share account-level Digital / dCommerce strategy, leveraging digital tactics to drive awareness (glance views), conversion (average order size), and purchases (repeat rate)
- Successfully manage vendor relationships (Integer, Rockfish, Mediacom, Syndicated Vendors, Onsite Media Groups) ensuring flawless execution of programs through strong project management skills, establishing process, budgeting, creative briefing and score carding against established goals outlined.
- Be the key digital/shopper customer contact representing Mars Wrigley in day-to-day inquiries as well as in key account negotiations, where appropriate.
- Partner and serve as consult to Category team on identifying and implementing clear digital business and category development strategies for the account, including planning & review meetings.
- Identify and execute specific digital test & learn, and research opportunities to bring new learning to shopper solutions (e.g. new vendors, Marketing Mix Modeling, etc.)
- Drive action and ownership around Perfect Digital Store to accelerate digital momentum via Content & Syndication, Assortment & Availability Online, Ratings & Reviews, and Organic & Paid Search.
- Implement, measure and monitor the performance of each account plan (sales, trade, digital shopper funds, digital shelf targets, invoice issues and payments, budget, supply service levels etc.) taking decisive action to deliver sales revenue in line with plan.
- Track, aggregate, and scorecard specific digital metrics to optimize plans and develop account-level digital / online growth model
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university
7+ years of experience in Shopper / Brand Marketing and Digital Marketing, preferred Account Management Experience
Experience supporting two or more diverse functions including Sales, shopper or insights within a Consumer Package Goods company is preferred
Experience in successfully managing key accounts in FMCG, Consumer Durables/Lifestyle or B2B.
Experience in Shopper Marketing and Digital
Strong creative thinker with the ability to development and activate unique solutions that support the overall customer strategy.
Must have strong command skills with the ability to present and influence at various levels across the organization both internally and with key customers.
Must understand levers within digital ecosystem, and the specifics behind how they drive the flywheel (e.g. Paid Media, Paid Search, Digital Coupons, Digital Merchandising, etc.)
Possess the ability, confidence and drive to isolate big opportunities and activate behind them.
Must demonstrate highly developed project and vendor management skills.
Clearly demonstrates the ability to organize and prioritize workload.
Comfortable working in a lean and fast-paced environment
Understand core business metrics and how these can be influenced through online merchandising
Strategic planning, business acumen and commercial awareness, analytical thinking.
Ability to travel a minimum of 40% of the time.
Mars is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
See Complete Job Listing
Nearest Major Market: Newark
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Merchandising, Marketing Manager, Manager, Project Manager, Marketing, Retail, Management, Technology