Are You and Your Company on Pinterest?
If the answer is no, you have some catching up to do! As marketing professionals, it is crucial that we are up to speed on all social media platforms, so that we can further engage our customers, raise brand awareness, and even generate revenue! And, with more than 10.4 million registered users on Pinterest, you just can't afford to be left behind.
Pinterest is a virtual pinboard; it lets you organize and share all the wonderful things you find on the web. Pinterest users use pinboards to plan their weddings, decorate their homes, plan a trip and even pick out their outfit for the day. As an individual, creating a Pinterest account is a way of seeing what other people are interested in, and connecting with one another through personal styles and trends. For a business, Pinterest is a way of increasing exposure and getting your products or services in front of potential customers!
5 Pinpoints for a Successful Pinterest Business Page
Social media can take many different forms, including Internet forums, weblogs, wikis, podcasts, pictures
- Post Relevant Content. If you know who your target audience and potential customer is, then find out what interests them before setting up your page. This can be done by simply viewing their pages, and seeing that their current interests are!
- Don't Create a Page and Then Quit! You have to keep followers engaged, and continue making updates in order to increase your following. If you can't make updates each and every day, aim for one a week at the very least.
- Keywords, Hashtags, and Links. Not only will you generate more traffic to your Web site or point of sale by posting keywords, hashtags, and links, but, you'll improve your SEO!
- Live Beyond Pinterest. Are you on other social media platforms such as YouTube, Twitter
andFacebook? Connect them all! By keeping users connected on all platforms and sharing posts across different mediums, you can strengthen the relationship and increase your chances of getting in front of the right audience.
- Interact; it's not all about you. Remember, users and
followersneed to feel engaged. Enable your follows to post on your page. It will better SEO, and give your page a much better feel of community. Also, don't forget to promote clients, customers and other brands you are a fan of!